It began on Friday as we colored eggs. In CJ fashion - dump the eggs in twirl them around a few times - first with spoon then with hand -"are they done yet?" - set timer to give color time to set. Dump eggs back in carton and off to play with a dyed hand! Last night - make a bunny cake - CJ did all the decorating himself - put eggs in basket and leave basket outside for Easter Bunny. My job begins - up until later than wanted to be. 1:45 a.m. - CJ up to go potty - spots an egg - from in my bed I hear him say , "Look at that! An egg on my truck!" 3:00 a.m. - potty again (CJ not me)! Is downstairs longer than should be - get him back to bed. Is very excited about the Easter eggs he has seen (mental note - the Easter bunny needs to better hiding spots!) 5:00 a.m. - POTTY AGAIN!!! Now he is loudly talking about eggs and wondering what is inside. I tell him, not time to get up yet - choices are to get in bed with mommy and daddy or go to his room. He spends some time in our bed with every few minutes asking if it is time to get up. Finally gives up and goes to his room to play. At 6:15 a.m. - he says he has to get up now. I tell him it's not time, he says, "Oh yes it is!!!" Sits on top of stairs...I tried to wait as long as we could because I knew daddy was not going to get up at this hour. But CJ does not understand why he needs to wait and CS does not understand why everyone can't sleep longer! So CJ and I get up. I don't even get any pictures as he quickly finds eggs - opens them dropping candy and money on the floor. Then he spots it...the Easter basket - and now the eggs are a thing of the past and he just wants what is inside his basket! We do finish finding the eggs that are inside and decide to wait on daddy for outside eggs. Now I am on my second cup of coffee - the day has only begun and with everyone sleep deprived it will be a lonnnnggg day!!! I am off to make sausage, biscuits, and gravy! Then I need to make one more dessert to bring to grandma and grandpas "Easter Party" as CJ calls it! I will post pictures later. Happy Easter everyone!!!!
1 comment:
Ooooh, that is early. We were up early here too--also to potty--but corralled them back in their room. Egg hunting started at 7. Outside search at 9, luckily, as it was cold. Have a great day!
Post a Comment