Sunday, June 7, 2009

Soccer

CJ has been doing soccer for a few weeks now. There are only 2 classes to go. After every class he says, "That was fun. It is hard, but fun!" I think the hard part for him has nothing to do with the physical part of the game (although he does have motor issues so that must factor in too). I think the hard part is the other kids, and listening to another adult, and just holding it together to do what is expected of him. Yesterday, Uncle M, Aunt B, and Little T came to watch. Although he protested all morning long, he was excited when they got there. Halfway through soccer, he was very upset. It was hard to watch him try to play while crying at the same time. But he held on until the end. The coach always asks a parent to help out at one point during the game. I was the one he asked yesterday...didn't know whether it would hurt or help CJ. And you know what...I still don't know whether it hurt or helped. But he stayed out there and did what the coach asked him to do. He is a trooper!!! It was great fun having other family members there to cheer him on:) Thanks family!!!

No comments: