6:00 a.m. - CJ up and ready to see what the Easter Bunny had left (BTW - this was earlier than getting up for Santa!) - I asked CJ to read or play until 7:00 - HUGE SIGH - "I'll just sleep on your floor" - continuous sighs with about 1 minute intervals. We all get up by 6:30.
6:30 - hunt for the basket - CJ is so excited the EB left him the DS game he wanted - then he hunted for all the eggs inside (42 of them) - he didn't even care to open them - he just wanted to find them.
7:00 - CS goes back to bed while I do laundry and try and get a few things ready for the week
10:00 - hunt for eggs the EB left outside
10:45 - head to Grandma and Grandpas for Easter celebration there - 15 minutes ahead of schedule I might add!
12:00 - 5:45 - fun at the "Easter Party" (that's what CJ kept calling it!) Way too much food! Grandma out did herself this year -
apps: fresh tomato, mozzarella, basil; shrimp, brushetta, cheese and crackers, deviled eggs, roasted red peppers, pepperoni and salami, yummy Yonkers break, chicken bread, sausage bread
dinner: homemade meatballs and gravy, stuffed shells, sticky chicken and Caesar salad
dessert: (we had to take ours to go so we could hit the road) - sugar cookies; eggs and bunnies(that's mine!), cupcakes and pineapple upside down cake!
7:15 - home and unwinding - CJ, "I am glad to be home. It was a long day!" He is literally just sitting on the couch!!
A great day was had by all! Now begins CJ's spring break with daddy - I have to work this week, but will be off the following week.
Happy Easter everyone!
Chaplaincy Thoughts, or How To Start
2 years ago
1 comment:
Wow, I feel stuffed just reading the list of food!
Glad you had a great day!
Post a Comment