All this talk about cupcakes from J and T have gotten me thinking!!! Being a teacher I see many a treat pass through these doors. And guess what - many of them are store-bought!! Now I have nothing against a store-bought treat - but I love to bake!! So CJ will be getting a home baked goodie every chance I get. In fact, I have been waiting for bake sales/classroom treats/etc. since before I was pregnant:) I guess I'm just so surprised given the town I work in, how many mom do not bake the treats for school. And now everyone is on a no sweets in school kick - so Popsicles are the treat right now. Or - fruit with whipped topping - I've even had a vegetable platter. You heard me right a veggie platter to celebrate a 6 six year olds birthday!!!!
I've been told that I'm not allowed to bring any treats to CJ's school - which bums me out!!! I will have to try and fix that situation somehow!! So ladies, what will you be doing when your child is in first grade??? Home baked, store bought, or veggie platter??? :)
Chaplaincy Thoughts, or How To Start
2 years ago
3 comments:
Until then, there is a bake sale at church in a few weeks. Start your oven now!!!
I can't wait. I really hope that there isn't that rule that you can't bring homemade goodies to school. I would have a broken heart having to bring store-bought to Jake and Aiden's school.
I sooo am looking forward to homemade too! It was always so much fun to bring in, and partake in eating, homemade goodies!
Post a Comment