I happen to have a parent this year who is just as hard to deal with as my neighbor! After yet another run in with the parent a fellow teacher gave me the advice to kill her with kindness. Now...the fact that I didn't think about this boggles my mind...but. Since then things have turned around. She still says things that blow my mind away - but I think she is socially acquired and has no filtering system!!! But I still smile and go out of my way to try and make her happy. Thanks to all of you for the advice on how to deal with the neighbor - it was similar - kill her with kindness. So today, I saw her outside and I asked about her holiday and had a nice 10 minute conversation with her. I told her that CJ and I were baking cookies today and she said she wasn't a baker - so I think I will bring some over to her tomorrow:)
No comments:
Post a Comment