Well it has been quite the week in our house. This is THE week - the one right before Christmas. The one where all the cooking, baking, shopping, wrapping, cleaning, etc. happen! Only in our house the key person that heads all of those events was sick. Yep me! It began last weekend with what i thought was a cold. Slight temp, achy, tired. So I rested the best that I could with CJ playing around me. Then back to work on Monday with a very raspy voice. I made it through the days alright, then cam home and was beat. So still nothing was getting done. And oh yeah, we were supposed to be getting ready for a party this Saturday. Which I need to add here that CS was doing his best to get things crossed off the giant TO DO list. He, too, had a cold but was weathering through it. As the week went on - my voice became mute. I felt ok - I just couldn't talk. Which is hard to do when you are a teacher. This was a big week at school though and I didn't want to miss it. Our custodian is retiring and all the celebrations for him were this week. I will miss him terribly! He is such a great guy! Anyway, on Thursday after whispering to my class and trying to teach them a few signs to get us by, I went to the Dr. I had fever 100.5 and my chest was heavily congested! "You must be pretty tough!, " replied the Dr. AS IF! That so isn't me!!! So I was sent home with a note to stay home from school on Friday and prescriptions. One of the medicines actually made me feel worse than my cold so I stayed in bed all day Friday trying to feel more like myself. CJ was right by my side - that kid has watched more videos this week than I ever dreamed he would watch! Friday we got a pretty good size snow storm - so even though I wasn't 100% I was shoveling snow on Saturday (oh yeah we cancelled the party and it's a good thing!) morning so we could go Christmas shopping. We fit into 4 hours what we usually spend a week to do! I'm sure I've missed something and need to make sure I have it all, but what a whirlwind. Then we come home to CJ with swollen eyes and lots of gunk coming out of them. So I rush him to the clinic just in time before it closes. But we still wait an hour. He was pretty good, but once the nurse and Dr. come to see him he kept screaming! All they did was look in his eye - but he was so anxious he didn't know what else to do. So now I have to put drops in his eyes 3 times a day - not an easy task. He screams and kicks!! UGH! So our week before Christmas has not been what it should be. Let's just hope that our luck turns around and we everything else goes smoothly! I think I will go buy a lottery ticket, J! My luck has to turn.
No comments:
Post a Comment