Everywhere I look I see brand new pencils, notebooks, backpacks....already? I usually get very excited around this time of year. It reminds me of all the back to school shopping we did when I was a kid. I used to love all the pens, Trapper Keepers...everything. Then the clothes - new skirts, pants, shirts, shoes...ahhh:) Now as a teacher I get to do all that back to school shopping again...only now it's for a classroom, although I still find plenty of fun new pens and notebooks for myself.
Note to parents: Wait until you know what the teacher wants your child to bring into the classroom before you go crazy buying things. In my classroom - I provide everything - so when a child comes to school with a new pencil box and crayons - there isn't enough room for it all. You can always stock up on the sales and save them to use at home, or in January send them in to school when things are needed.
Chaplaincy Thoughts, or How To Start
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment