Tomorrow is it...well really Tuesday. Tomorrow CJ and CS go to school for an orientation. Tuesday CJ goes all by himself - all day long!!! I can't believe it. Time truly goes by so fast. I thought this day was so far away. Are we ready??? Yes in the sense that we have everything we need - crayons, pencils, erasers, pencil box, folders, even a WALL-E backpack and lunchbox. CJ's name is labeled on everything, backpack waiting. Now - are we ready??? Not in the emotional sense. Even CS gets a little misty about Kindergarten - he is losing his daytime playmate. Even though I am sad that I have to work and can't take CJ to school for his first time - it's probably better that way because you all know me - I cry over everything! CJ himself is torn - he likes school, but doesn't know what this Kindergarten is we keep talking about. He is confused because we have a sitter picking him up two days a week - but to him daddy is the only one that is supposed to pick him up. Then there are the times he seems excited about going. We'll see.
I have talked to the school nurse, CJ's teacher, and the special ed. teacher. They have done a good job of relieving some of my concerns. Everyone on staff at his school seem very nice.
Please think of us next week as we begin a new journey!
Chaplaincy Thoughts, or How To Start
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment