I cannot believe my baby is going to be 7 tomorrow! He is such a big kid now! I feel like he is crossing over this hump to big kiddom. Last night as I was getting some things ready for the party I couldn't help but think of the day he was born.
On this day 7 years ago it was hot, I was huge and I didn't want to be pregnant anymore. I did all the things they say to do - go for a walk, eat spicy foods. CS had the day off and we went for a walk at the beach then I had a spicy curried chicken sandwich for lunch. I went to bed around 10:30. As usual I had to go to the bathroom. But then I felt the urge to go again, and again, and again. I opened the door to the basement where CS was and called down to him very calmly, "I think my water broke." "You think? What do you mean you think?" CS was not as calm. We call the Dr on call and she tells us to go to the hospital. It was a very windy, rainy night and the hospital was about 30 miles away. We didn't say much, as we were both nervous and excited. Once at the hospital they confirmed my water had broke - hooked me up to an IV and told me to try and get some sleep before contractions come. Sleep?? Who could sleep. CS did - snoring on the chair next to me:) I will spare the rest of the labor details - but my beautiful bright eyed boy was welcomed at 2:59 in the afternoon on August 5th. It was one of the best days of my life. CJ brings us so much happiness and joy. He is our perfect little (now big) boy!!
Chaplaincy Thoughts, or How To Start
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment