April is Autism Awareness month and I have been asked to be part of a panel to discuss my journey as a mother with a child on the spectrum. I was honored to be asked, and am beginning to work on my speech. I am on the panel with our favorite therapist and a spokesperson from Autism Speaks. We each will give a 15 minute presentation then answer questions from the crowd. The crowd will mainly be made up of students studying to be teachers and professors. I could talk forever about autism and our journey...but I do need to keep it a 15 minutes so I am trying to decide on the focus:
* CJ and the ups and downs of our autism ride
* PPTs and the best way to help a parent
* Upcoming changes and how they may affect us
* Strategies
So many choices....
Chaplaincy Thoughts, or How To Start
2 years ago
1 comment:
Hmmm, I like PPTs because that gives both your side as a parent but also something budding teachers can really use. Your immense insight and knowledge will be wonderful for these young professionals!
Post a Comment