Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Walking and Talking

It has been so nice out this week. Yesterday, CJ and I went for a scooter ride/walk. I was wearing my Autism Speaks shirt - CJ asked me what Autism Speaks meant. I told him there are some children with Autism who can't speak or have a hard time speaking in certain situations. His reply, "Oh, but we have the Autism where you do speak." *picture me here with mouth open* We have not talked to him about him being on the Autism spectrum, but obviously he hears us when we talk. He was very matter of fact about it. I thought he was a little young to sit and talk about this, but maybe he is ready. It is something I will be asking his therapist this week. Oh - and I LOVE how he said, "WE have Autism...." :)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Takes my breath away. Good for him. and for you!

I love "WE have autism!"